Mr. Alexis COUTOU created SERT, a company specializing in the recovery of materials. SERT quickly diversified into importing Japanese bamboo.
The arrival of Francis COUTOU marks the beginning of the import and distribution of fishing products into the SERT brand.
- A new lease of life is given by the installation of the company on the outskirts Bordeaux, Blanquefort in a 4500m² warehouse.
- A wide range of rods for sea fishing, shore & boat fishing to cover all disciplines…
- The first SUNSET carbon fibre rods are marketed allowing SERT to position itself as leader in the world of surf-casting.
- SERT becomes the official team sponsor of the French FFPM surf-casting team and SUNSET rods become 3 times European champions.
1991 and 1992
The SUNSET surf casting rods are joint FFPM World champions
The SUNSET range now includes 6 rod ranges including the famous SUNSET Power and Special Maigre.
1994 et 1995
- SUNSET surf-casting rods are joint FFPM world champions.
- Specific rods for fishing bream are developed.
SUNSET Silanium rods make a great impression.
SUNSET Collector rod is born. This model is still very popular with competitors.
SERT sponsors the French FFPM fishing team to support and develop a range of 2 rods studied for the competition.
- Mr Arnaud Van Robais buys SERT.
- SUNSET becomes a fully-fledged brand, specializing in all sea fishing with live bait, shore and boat…
- The SUNSET range expands. The release of the “Hybrid” rods allows the brand to consolidate its leading position in Spain, Tunisia, Algeria, but also to gain a foothold in the UK and Greece.
- SUNSET is official partner for the fishing boat championships in Anglet, France.
- SUNSET sponsors the ‘SUNSET Rose Coast trophy’ at Narbonne, France and the Menzel Horr trophy in Tunisia.